Sunday, June 7, 2020

Extinction Chronicles - 070620 ·


“Gonna forget about myself for a while, gonna go out and see what others need.” - Bob Dylan

Ole’ mama paradox got me by the short hairs with that one - papa Lao Tzu, says knowing oneself is true wisdom and Ms. Roosevelt says, “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people.” We are not lacking in instruction, just common sense. Do we want our species to survive¿ if the answer is “yes,” then what steps do we take to help make that happen? When stated like that, things don’t seem quite so complicated. To be fair, when i say survive, i mean, minus the regimentation the fascists are advocating - one cluster here doing this, another cluster there doing that - neither communicating with the other, and both wholly subservient to the task master. That just don’t float with my radical existentialist indoctrination. I am so much a “free thinker” my family has created language lists for each of their households and security clearances for access to the secrets deemed necessary for the latest “intellectually vetted concepts”. No, i’m not terribly popular in the family reunions i crash; and both nephews had me banned at their weddings due to my heretical influence - right thinking, after all requires the “right” conditions for fruition · just ask hillary, barack and joe.

This from an individual who wholly embraces the concept that one creates one’s own misery; conversely i truly believe the demarcation is not so great - the larger irony is our collective future more resembles the human anatomy than the bankers balance sheet; let me explain - it is a fact that for a human to smile, it requires fewer muscles in the face: ergo the most efficient distribution of wealth is not from greed, whereupon each is unhappy at the conclusion of a transaction, but from generosity that creates smiles for all involved. We’ve been lied to, but sadly it seems the most vulnerable amongst us have been the targets of this lie - deceive the stupid first. Each of, i’m sure has had a big dumb friend that managed her way through the world by bullying others. Mine was a broad who walked down the steps of the Art Student’s League and patted my head like i was a dog - my response to her condescension, which apparently no one previously had dared, was to slap her lesbian patronizing gesture back into her lap. These days i speak of were just past the 60’s and “politically correct” was practiced, but not articulated; i defied then and defy now any accepted practice that does not include my own agency; she and i made peace within minutes based on no more than direct communication.

Our world is starving for communication and all there is are “code words” and cliques one petitions one’s way into whether it is Ithica, NY - or Pico Aliso, CA. I cannot abide a catechism which absolves me from personal responsibility for each choice i make. I do not want strength that is gained from absolving myself of my liberty, anymore than i welcome conjoining with a group that would want me to exclude another such as myself, or as Groucho Marx described so well - “I wouldn’t want to be a member of any club that would have have me.” Independence seems to have become a lost art in these days of fear - all would want to belong, just as i would fervently beg admission to a family which, try as they might cannot exclude me - so i am stuck with the residue of “what did i do wrong; how have i transgressed; what must i do to belong once again to my birthright - breathing, and no more. There are many masters that explain the way · nurture the small child in your midst, befriend yourself to befriend others - find peace in your heart to share peace with others. We are not lacking in knowledge - just lacking in will.

I’d like to say i am inured by my learning from the pain i host in my body - i´d be lying through my teeth, but it would seem the only friendliness i can find is that which i show to myself - and that by happenstance from the voice of Dame Pema, who channels Master Thay - obeying the Dalai Lama, each of which is most certainly only reflecting the love they find in each of your hearts. It is our lot to die, and our chance to die as close to our origin of love where upon one vesicle entered the egg of another to create being. How it ever became ejaculation for money is anybody’s guess, but until we sit fore-square in front of the equation and ask ourselves how we could have allowed such vital event to be hijacked for the salacious curiosity of a disturbed segment of our DNA strand, we’ll never surmount the cul-de-sac we have backed into. I refuse to shame myself for your dubious interest and remain naked to your touch because without it it, i am dying on the vine.

Old or no has no valence in the issue - it is whether you can retain enough agency over your own corpuscles to propagate a free species, or whether you allow your keystrokes to establish a fictional exchange that subjugates your DNA strands to devious, and dishonest future for the exclusive benefit of cowards unwilling to stand up on their hind legs and say “by hook or crook, you and yours are mine and there is fuck all you can do about it,” which is the state our species is in. You are reading these words at the express permission of a pissant billionaire lacking the courage to reveal his face or purpose to you, rather s/he entices you with clickbait and convenience you assume has any relationship to your wants or desires without ever having had an opportunity or moment to stop and ask yourself “what do i want and what is my agency in the decisions i am making?” - good luck to you and us all.


jts 07/06/2020
http://stoanartst.blogspot.com 
reprinted with permission - all rights reserved
 ∞ 

No comments:

Post a Comment